07 October, 2011

be my friend



"a friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow."
-william shakespeare

heading into the weekend, my thoughts are turned to my friends. life can throw some curve-balls your way; knowing you have people to stand with you is to know you can catch them and still stay in the game. sometimes we take for granted the people that are constant in our lives. it is worth it to pause a moment and just appreciate the riches of our relationships.
i've personally had a rough few months and have managed to keep my chin up because of the support and kindness of my friends. my best friend in particular has been my biggest champion and a tireless source of encouragement and generosity. whenever i think i am down for the count, he is always there with a hand to pull me to my feet. no judgement, no criticism; just a steady grip that says he believes in me and trusts that eventually i will succeed.
a true friend indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment