05 December, 2012

re-set

when a child throws a temper tantrum and we call "time-out". this is not a punishment but rather a way to halt the momentum of the tantrum, re-channel that energy and re-set their behavior. 
we do this to break the hysteria, the mood or emotion.

taking a time-out isn't quitting; it's regrouping and switching strategy.

the past few months i fell down the rabbit hole. my usual tactics were not successful in helping me find my way out of the dark. i was lost. i couldn't even recognize myself in the blinding night that engulfed me. never have i been so depressed.

so i got on a plane and flew across an ocean...i am staying for awhile...as they say, when you don't like the view, switch positions.
my hope is that by resetting my perspective i might find the light again...

No comments:

Post a Comment