04 October, 2012

r.e.m.


we all dream. many believe there is meaning behind our dreams. a way of working things out in our minds at rest; a way of practice or preparedness. or maybe our dreams are just signaling our fears, insecurities and anxieties. some themes are very common- like nakedness, falling, being chased or losing a tooth.

my first nightmare was of being bit on the hand by a cat. i was sleeping in a crib i was so little, but i can still feel the sharpness of the incisor as it sliced into the flesh between my thumb and pointer finger. i remember waking up and seeing the pink elephants on my baby blanket and for a second thinking i was smothered in cats. i remember my mother coming to me and pulling me into her arms as i tried to convey my fear. i lacked the ability to talk but i still remember that dream it scared me so.

sometimes our dreams seem real and other times they are implausible.

lately i have been dreaming of dissolving.  just disintegrating like ash smashed beneath a cigarette butt or maybe like blowing glitter across paper strategically covered in glue, some piece of me may stick, more will scatter.

the thing is…i am wide awake…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment