19 May, 2011

this is what cool looks like


today is like janejanejanesassysassysassy...and i am like barf-o-rama. so over it! i never got it. i tried too. it just didn't work for me. it, frankly, wasn't cool.
which got me thinking...what was cool to me? what shaped my aesthetic sensibilities?
the answer was clear: BLONDIE
debbie harry is cool. period.
the first woman i ever wanted to be. i used to put on my mom's slips and muss my hair and dance in front of my disco mirror just like i was debbie harry. she showed me that smart, strong, talented women could also be hot and hip. she showed me how to be tough and independent; to stand tall and be interesting; to be center stage without apology.
thank you debbie harry! i am me because you are you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment